Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Let's fire this thing up and see if it still works

I've decided that I will be more serious about cycling.

Although cycling has played a huge part in my life, I've kinda down-played its importance.  I've never felt like a REAL cyclist.  I'm not particularly fast.  I don't really care for the Tour de France.  I've never ridden in a race.  Organized rides are fine, but I'd much rather be out on my own.  I don't own a lot of spandex, and I definitely don't look good in it when I do wear it.

But I've got some serious street cred for cycling:

  • I've been biking since I was five or six.
  • I've used a bike as my main method of getting to and from work ever since I had a paper route at 12 years old.
  • Cycling was a key aspect of courting my wife.  We wouldn't have gotten together if it wasn't for our bike rides.
  • A significant portion of our vacations have been biking tours.
  • I biked from New York to Utah on my honeymoon.
Now that I've realized my True Identity, how will I use my powers for good?

No comments:

Post a Comment